How to see the status in Whatsapp so that no one notices you? Let’s say right away – there are no official methods, but you can deceive the counter. To do this, you will have to do a few simple operations. In the instructions, we will consider whether it is possible to see the status in WhatsApp and go unnoticed.
Anonymous Viewing Statuses On WhatsApp
Each subscriber can publish a story. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the stories section.
- Click on one of the buttons shown in the screenshot.
- Select a photo from the gallery or take a photo with the camera.
- Edit the story before sending and click on the button at the bottom right.
The built-in counter counts views and displays all subscribers who have seen the story. You cannot disable this counter, but you can cheat. Let’s consider all the ways how to view stories in WhatsApp anonymously using the capabilities of a smartphone.
Attention. Do not install dubious applications that promise anonymous browsing of WhatsApp stories. They can harm your smartphone.
The fastest and easiest way to view your WhatsApp history and remain invisible is to use the mini-picture. To do this, follow the steps:
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Click on the stories section.
- Look at the thumbnail on the left side of the screen.
The method is not suitable for smartphones with a small screen. On modern smartphones, you can see the meaning of the photo and even read the superimposed text. Faces and detailed objects cannot be seen.
Important. Do not click on the picture, otherwise, it will expand to full screen, and the subscriber will be able to see the preview.
Screenshot Of Published Photo
Another way to discreetly view the status in WhatsApp is to take a screenshot of the screen. To do this, you need to take a picture of the display and enlarge it. During playback, you can see more details, but the image will be poor quality and blurry.
How to view statuses on WhatsApp discreetly using screenshots:
- Go to the menu with stories.
- Take a screenshot of the screen.
- Find the picture in the gallery in the corresponding section.
- Enlarge photo to see thumbnail.
This method will allow you to see more details, but faces and small objects will be blurry. A story posted by a friend will remain unviewed.
Turn Off The Internet
Is it possible to view the status in WhatsApp without being noticed? There is no official way, when you try to view a photo, the counter sees it. To see the picture larger and remove the cropped edges, you can always turn off the Internet and go to the status menu.
Instructions on how to see the status in WhatsApp anonymously:
- Turn on the line with notifications, to do this, swipe down the screen.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and mobile internet.
- Go to WhatsApp.
- Click on the status box.
- The picture will expand to full screen but will be of poor quality, try to examine the objects.
When you are finished browsing, close WhatsApp and turn on the Internet. Be careful and do not turn on the Internet if you have not closed the messenger.
Attention. This method may not work. To check, click on the picture, which can be viewed not anonymously. After that, turn on the Internet and check if the status becomes viewed.
Switch To Airplane Mode
You can also view publications on WhatsApp incognito in another way – using the “Airplane“ mode. The meaning remains the same as in the previous version: the Internet is turned off and WhatsApp does not count the view.
How to switch to Airplane mode and view a post:
Pull the top curtain.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Enter the messenger and click on the publication, it will appear in poor quality but will become larger.
As in the previous case, this option may not work. The modern version of WhatsApp records browsing and transmits data after connecting to the Internet. To get started, test the method on a history that can be viewed non-anonymously.
How Does The Interlocutor Know That His Post Has Been Viewed?
A subscriber who has published his status on WhatsApp can see how many people unfolded the photo, and who exactly did it.
How to see who viewed your status:
- Go to the stories section.
- Click the thumbnail to expand the photo to full screen.
- The number near the eye at the bottom shows the number of views.
- Click on the eye, and a list of friends who have seen the publication will appear.
The method also works on a computer. Go to the menu with statuses, then click on your own post. In the new window, you can find the familiar eye icon and click on it.
Privacy Settings For Statuses
Is it possible to view the status in WhatsApp incognito? To do this, you have to go to the trick because there are no official methods.
You can choose to hide your story or send it to specific contacts using your privacy settings, but you can’t hide yourself.
How to set privacy for WhatsApp Stories:
- Go to the menu.
- Open account privacy.
- Click on the Status option.
- Choose the people who can’t see the post or specify the subscribers to whom you want to show the story.
There are no other settings for stories in WhatsApp. Third-party applications will not help either, the interlocutor’s messenger will see the view and save it.
How to see the status in WhatsApp incognito so that a friend does not see anything. You will have to take a screenshot and enlarge it or turn off the Internet, viewing the picture in poor quality. There are no other ways, so you won’t be able to fully see the publication in good quality and leave no traces.