In this article, you’re going to learn how to use Omegle video chat on Android. Millions of users use Omegle every month to connect with like-minded people. The platform provides access to impressive features for easy and convenient communication with new people. You can use Omegle on your smartphone, regardless of the Android or iOS operating system. Don’t know how to use the platform on your gadget? You have landed on the right page! All the necessary subtleties in working with the platform on a smartphone are preserved here for more comfortable communication with new users.
What is Omegle?
Omegle is a popular video chat platform for chatting with random people from all over the world. The chat platform allows you to chat with strangers without revealing your details or real identity. So, you can easily make friends or find an interlocutor of interest.
With millions of people using Omegle every day, finding like-minded people isn’t hard. The platform is easy to use, so you don’t need any technical knowledge to video chat. Omegle continues to grow in popularity with over 65 million monthly users.
Many public figures and popular bloggers have started using Omegle during the pandemic. That’s right, the site received extended advertising. Some users have started posting funny moments and chatting with random users or fans. However, several features influenced the development of the platform.
1. A fun way to meet random people from all over the world
Omegle is quite easy to use and provides a fun way to chat with random people around the world to find friends instantly. The platform allows you to interact with users with similar preferences, hobbies, and interests.
2. Free video and text chat
One of the main features of the site is the ease of communication through audio, text, or video. You can use several tools to have a conversation or get to know the users of the platform.
3. Privacy and security
Omegle maintains a high level of security, so you can communicate with others anonymously without revealing sensitive information on the service, including your email ID, phone number, or real name. The platform also uses advanced SSL encryption to protect user data.
4. Easily share files and images with random people
Omegle also allows you to share files and images with other platform users. You can save chat history, screenshots, and media you have shared, and save media you have received from other users.
5. Chat Anywhere, Anytime
Omegle is a cross-platform app, available for any device and for chatting with random people from all over the world. After learning how to use Omegle on your phone, you will be able to chat with strangers anytime, anywhere. The platform can also be conveniently used on the road.
How to use Omegle on your mobile device?
Omegle does not support official apps on Google Play and the Apple App Store. Visiting the Omegle website directly using UC Browser, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or other standard mobile web browsers will not allow you to use the browser’s device camera. However, an alternative method is available to you. So, let’s consider the first method for activating the platform on an Android or iOS smartphone.
How to use Omegle on Android phone
Why can’t I video chat with other users on the Omegle Android website? The question is not related to the web platform but to the web browser. Most Android users use the Google Chrome browser, which does not support video chat. Thus, you cannot video chat on your Android phone via Omegle when you are using the Google Chrome browser.
Fortunately, third-party browsers are also available to you. Use the subscription browser Puffin browser developed by CloudMosa. Originally released in 2010, the web browser allows you to use your Android phone’s camera while browsing. Consider some browser features below:
- Ability to use keyboard and mouse
- Allows you to use webcam mode on Android devices
- Access to cinema mode activation
- Access to PC playback
- Comes with cloud protection
Would you like to learn how to use Omegle on an Android phone with Puffin Browser? do the following.
- Go to the Google Play Store and find the Puffin browser, then click on the “Install” button
- Launch the Puffin browser on your Android phone.
- Visit Omegele.com from this web browser.
- Check the top right corner of your screen and click on the ‘three vertical dots’.
- Then click “Request PC Site”.
- The site will reload; it will look like the official PC version of Omegle.
- You will see the video chat option.
- Next, click on the “Video” option.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen asking you to allow the use of the phone’s microphone and camera, select Allow.
- You will then need to bypass the captcha to prove you are not a robot.
- After solving the captcha, you will be able to video chat on Omegle.
How to use Omegle on an iOS phone
There is also no official Omegle app for iPhone in the App Store. However, you can still use Omegle on your iOS device by following these steps.
- Launch the Safari browser and type Omegle.com in the search bar.
- Touch the AA icon.
- Click on the option “request a desktop version of the site” and turn it on.
- Turn on your phone’s camera and microphone, and then update the Omegle website.
- The “Video” button will appear in front of you.
- You can now video chat through Omegle on your iOS phone.
More tips for using Omegle
Below are a few tips for the safe and enjoyable use of Omegle.
1. Omegle is for adults
Most teenagers use Omegle. Do you want to meet older people with more serious intentions? You may have found the wrong platform. There are various age restrictions on Omegle that vary from country to country.
2. Do not disclose your personal information
In the process of meeting new people on Omegle, it is important to keep your personal information safe. Do not share personal information, including full name, home address, email ID, or phone number. You still cannot be sure of your random interlocutor, he may pretend to be someone else. No matter how trustworthy you perceive the other user to be, use caution.
3. Trust your instincts
Let’s say that while using Omegle you thought something was wrong. Perhaps someone made you feel uncomfortable. In this case, you should immediately end the conversation. No one can force you to use the Internet against your will, so always trust your instincts and remember that you are safe. If you experience discomfort or other user activity through the webcam or microphone, end the chat immediately or close your browser window for a quick exit.
4. Don’t share social media profiles
Never share your social media accounts with anyone you meet on Omegle. Your social media profile contains information about your friends, places you have visited, and other identifiable information. While you can make your social media platforms private if you grant access to third parties, users can still get extra information from your pages. That is why do not use personal information on Omegle. Remember that after the platform is disabled, you will not be able to talk to your random interlocutor again.
5. Don’t settle for offline meetings
The platform is not designed to find people to meet in person, otherwise, you will have to share your sensitive data. Users are not responsible for their actions because the platform does not save conversations with different people. Also, you cannot go back to previous conversations, as the platform will delete all information after the conversation ends.
- Technology has undoubtedly reached a new level, and online video chat has become one of the components of Internet communication on the platform. Omegle comes with exciting features for engaging users in audio or video chat format.
- University students can also find chat partners from their universities by selecting “College Student Chat” and then adding your school’s email address.
- One of the nicest features is that you can use Omegle on your iOS or Android devices and chat with users on the go.