One of the frequent errors that users of Windows 7, 8.1, and 8 have recently encountered is a message that Universal C Runtime Download Windows 7 cannot be started because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from the computer.
In this instruction, step by step about what causes this error, and how to properly download the Universal C Runtime Download Windows 7 file from the official Microsoft website, thereby fixing the problem when starting programs. Also at the end, there is a video instruction on how to fix the error, if this option suits you better.
Cause of error
The error message appears when you start those programs or games that use the Windows 10 Universal C Runtime (CRT) function to work and run on previous versions of the system – Windows 7, 8, Vista. Most often it is Skype, Adobe and Autodesk programs, Microsoft Office, and many others.
In order for such programs to be able to run and not cause messages that api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing on the computer, update KB2999226 has been released for these versions of Windows, integrating the necessary functions on systems before Windows 10.
The error, in turn, occurs if this update was not installed or if there was a failure during the installation of some files of the Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable Package that are part of the specified update.
How To Download Universal C Runtime Download Windows 7 To Fix The Error
- Installing update KB2999226 from the official Microsoft website.
- If it is already installed, then reinstall (or install if not available) Visual C++ 2015 components (Visual C++ 2017 DLLs may also be required), which are also available on the official website.
You can download the update at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows (select the required version from the list in the second part of the page, keep in mind that x86 is for 32-bit systems, download and install). If the installation does not take place, for example, it is reported that the update is not applicable to your computer, use the installation method described at the very end of the instruction about error 0x80240017 (before the last paragraph).
In the event that installing the update did not solve the problem, then do the following:
- Go to Control Panel – Programs and Features. If Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables (x86 and x64) are listed, remove them (select, click Remove).
- Re-download the components from the official Microsoft website https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/download/details.aspx?id=53840 and download both the x86 and x64 versions of the installer if you have a 64-bit system. Important: for some reason, the specified link does not always work (sometimes it says that the page was not found). If this happens, try replacing the number at the end of the link with 52685, and if that doesn’t work, use the How to Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages instructions.
- Run the first one, then the other downloaded file, and install the components.
After installing the prerequisites, check if the “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from the computer” error has been fixed by trying to run the program again.
How To Download Universal C Runtime Download Windows 7 Instruction
After completing these simple steps, the problematic program or game will most likely run without any problems.
Free Universal C Runtime Download Windows 7
Click the button below for Free Universal C Runtime Download Windows 7.