|License:||Trial version 180 days (registration required)|
|Version:||Version 20H2: KB5022282 (Build 19042.2486) / Version 1809 (LTSC): KB5023702 (Build 17763.4131)|
|Architecture:||x86-64 (64-bit), ARM|
Windows 2019 ISO is a modern server operating system from Microsoft that includes integration with Azure services and wide opportunities to create cloud applications using containers and microservices.
- 64-bit at 1.4 GHz
- Support for NX and DEP, CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW technologies
- Second-level address translation support (EPT or NPT)
- 512 MB (2 GB for desktop installation)
- 800 MB to install on a virtual machine
- ECC (Error Correction Code) or equivalent technology for deployment on physical hosts.
- 32 GB of free space
- ATA, PATA, IDE, and EIDE devices are not recommended
Windows 2019 ISO is based on the Windows Server 2016 platform and provides ample opportunities for deploying infrastructure of various sizes and functionality, including cloud services, virtualization systems, file storage, and containers with Windows and Linux applications.
The operating system is available in Standard and Datacenter editions. Their main difference is that Standard comes with two virtual servers, while Datacenter comes with an unlimited number. There are two installation options available for each edition of Windows Server:
- Server core (Server Core). Default install option. It is the most productive and not demanding on resources, as it does not have a graphical interface. The operating system is being installed with the PowerShell command line interface.
- Server with desktop (Desktop Experience). Installing server components with a graphical environment similar to the Windows 10 interface and a PowerShell console.
When developing the system, the developers focused on four areas:
- Hybrid cloud. The new server OS makes it easy to use with Azure cloud services. For convenient and centralized management of servers, clusters, and workstations, the new Windows Admin Center is available, which has a multifunctional web-based control panel. The on-demand (FOD) Server Core Application Compatibility feature greatly improves application compatibility.
- Safety. The Defender ATP and Defender Exploit Guard technologies built into the system make it difficult for unauthorized access to the system and the exploitation of vulnerabilities and detect attacks at the memory and kernel levels. Additional protection is provided by: Network Protection, Exploit Protection, Controlled File Access and Attack Surface Reduction (ASR).
- Application platform. Containers are available in the system both for running Windows applications and containers for Linux, the size of which has been significantly reduced.
- Hyperconverged infrastructure. Combining both storage and computing resources in one server allows you to reduce costs and have good scalability.
Windows 2019 ISO has a new data migration tool called the Storage Migration Service. First, the data is analyzed on all servers, then files, folders, and configurations are transferred, followed by control interception and substitution of the identifier and network parameters from the old server to the new one. This process can be controlled in the Windows Admin Center. Thus, individual users and applications do not have to make any changes to the settings.
What’s new in Windows Server 2019
- Centralized management with Windows Admin Center.
- System analytics based on machine learning.
- A hybrid cloud that enables the sharing of applications and services.
- Improve network performance for virtual workloads
- New features of failover clustering.
- New features in Storage Replica.
- Linux support.
- Security improvements.
- Storage Migration Service.
- Container improvements.
- High-performance SDN gateways.
- Encryption of virtual networks.
- Data transfer using the Low Extra Delay Background Transport algorithm.
- Persistent memory support for Hyper-V virtual machines.
Windows 2019 ISO Download
Fast downloads of the latest free software. Click the button for Windows 2019 ISO Free Download.